Talk about pushing the boat out. The Thames dinner cruise experience is an unforgettable London encounter and one that you’ll savour for many years to come. Picture this: as night falls, you’re seated in a luxury cruiser, gliding gently down the Thames as you’re treated to the finest cuisine, surrounded by twinkling lights and the illuminated spectre of world-famous landmarks. What could be better? Stunning views across the River Thames, delicious food and great company. It’s sheer heaven.
Take to the Thames and discover the best way to experience London, hands down. Millions of people come to the capital every year, but few get to enjoy this delectable slice of London life. See the sights in a brand new light as you glide down the famous meandering Thames on a luxury cruiser, complete with top-notch cuisine and five-star service to boot. It’s serene, stately and seriously sumptuous. And did we mention stress-free? There’s no commuting crush, pounding the pavements or endless queues. It’s London like you’ve never experienced it before, and it’s guaranteed to put the wind in your sails.
There are several operators running Thames dinner cruises and the menus, cost, and ambience differs on each one. Each vessel is different and some may not be as wheelchair friendly as others. On that note, limited drinks may be included with your experience but extras are payable on the day. Check the experience day retailers websites to see exactly what is included in your sailing.
Thames dinner cruise
Indulge in a delicious meal, taking in the sights of London by night as you go. Most Thames dinner cruises include live musicians with the opportunity to dance the rest of the evening away.
How about this?:Enjoy a classic Bateaux dinner cruise on the Thames with a loved one. The experience, reserved for adults and teens aged 15+, includes a delicious four course meal, a welcome drink, plus tea and coffee. A live house band enhances the atmosphere on the boat.
Thames lunch cruise
Why not opt for a Sunday Lunch Jazz Cruise on the Thames? Savour a delicious Sunday lunch to the sounds of the resident jazz band as you glide gently down the Thames, seeing some of the city’s most famous sights as you go.
Board the vessel that will take you on your incredible journey up and down the Thames. Get comfortable, and start to soak up the sights that this unique opportunity will afford you. Whether you’ve never visited London before, or you’re already in love with its stunning surroundings, you’ll discover even more about it as you glide along. Spot the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben’s tower, the London Eye, the infamous Tower of London, Canary Wharf and the Globe Theatre where Shakespeare’s plays were performed to royalty and peasants alike. Don’t forget your camera, as none of your friends will have photos quite like these ones!
This river cruise isn’t all about sightseeing though. At your own table, you will be brought a wonderful meal.
Food for thought:Take to the Thames on a lunch cruise with City Cruises. Combine sightseeing from the river with a tasty two-course lunch with tea and coffee.
Thames afternoon tea cruise
Another similar experience is a Thames Afternoon Tea Cruise – where you can enjoy a selection of sandwiches, pastries, scones and teas whilst taking in some of London’s most iconic sights.
Food for thought:Enjoy a quintessentially British treat aboard a sightseeing cruise along the River Thames. Nibble on scones with cream and jam, cakes, and sandwiches with your choice of tea or coffee.
Personally, I'd opt to book afternoon tea and a Thames sightseeing cruise separately instead. The afternoon tea experience onboard isn't enough for me to justify it's cost versus a hop-on hop-off sightseeing ticket and a land-based afternoon tea experience. However, in terms of convenience, this two-in-one experience wins hands-down.
Dinner time! - What You Need To Know
- WHEN: These experiences operate on specific days throughout the year (and in all weather conditions) but availability is limited, especially on weekends, so remember to book as soon as possible to guarantee your preferred date and sailing time. Late entries are not permitted to board so remember to arrive in plenty of time.
- WHERE: On the River Thames in London, duh!
- WHO: Dinner, lunch, or afternoon tea cruises are for everyone - some even permit kids onboard over the age of five (check the details first as some are adults-only). Combine sightseeing in London with a delicious meal in an experience that cannot be rivalled.
- OCCASIONS: A dinner cruise is a fabulous extension to a short break in London, and so makes a great birthday or Christmas present for someone planning a trip to the capital. The romanticism of the cruise means it's also ideal to celebrate an anniversary in style.
- PRICES: Afternoon tea on the Thames starts from around £35 a head. Lunch starts from around £50 per couple, while a Thames dinner cruise starts from around £100 for two. (correct at the time of writing)
- QUESTIONS: Need help? Ask questions here and I'll try to help as best I can
- TRIED THIS?: Would you recommend it? Share your thoughts here
(Photo credit to Kaisender)
Shopping Ideas °
|Thames Lunch Cruise For OneExperience Days Lunch Cruises: Cruise down the Thames in style, seeing all the sights, relaxing in ...||£39from Experience DaysLearn more|
|Afternoon Tea Cruise On The Thames For TwoAfternoon Tea Experience Days: Afternoon tea is a long standing tradition in England.||£74from Experience DaysLearn more|
|Bateaux Windsor River Thames Sunday Lunch Cruise With A Bottle Of Wine For Two||£138from BuyagiftLearn more|
|Showboat Dinner Cruise On The Thames For TwoExperience Days River Cruises: Fancy a night out in London with no big crowds or queues?||£172from Experience DaysLearn more|
Prices are supplied by retailers, are regularly updated, and are displayed purely as a guide. Check current prices at each retailer, along with any applicable terms and conditions. Delivery costs, surcharges, and optional extras may also apply.
Check out the latest voucher codes for Buyagift, Chocolate Trading Company, Red Letter Days, and Thorntons.