Ditch the doldrums, escape the British weather, and inject a little “ooh la la” into your life with a trip to one of Europe’s sizzling hotspots.
Just a mere two hours from London is the capital of love, Paris. Say 'oui' to fresh croissants and coffee at a cosy café or say 'ç'est magnifique' on a river cruise along the French capital's River Seine.
For those who love to travel, a European Break makes the perfect gift. Available on a buy now, book later basis, recipients can choose from a fantastic choice of destinations, activities and tours that offer the perfect opportunity to explore Paris in a variety of ways.
If you are planning a romantic trips to Paris, here's some great options.
Eurostar Paris Day Trip with Cruise
Short. Sweet. To the point. Head to St Pancras International in London and board a Eurostar service to Paris. Within a couple of hours you'll arrive in the city of love, specifically Paris's Gare du Nord. Catch your sightseeing river boat at the Rive foot of the Eiffel Tower. The cruise takes around an hour and passes some of Paris' most famous sights. You're free to do what you want for the rest of the day before your train whisks you back to London. See Paris in a day easily with this effortless trip.
One Night Classic Paris Break for Two with Seine Cruise
A day trip is all good and well, but you'll only skim the very surface of what Paris has to offer - and you'll spend most of your time clock watching counting down your return trip home. As a taste of the city, the day trip excels. For a more in-depth experience, book an overnight stay.
Embark on a London St. Pancras to Paris Gare d’Nord Eurostar service and spend the day exploring Paris in greater depth. Stay in a 3* hotel in central Paris on a bed and breakfast basis. A Seine sightseeing cruise for two is included in the package too.
2 Night Paris Break with Dinner and Show at the Moulin Rouge
Up the ante and spend two nights in the city. In this package you'll get return Eurostar travel, accommodation, and Moulin Rouge show tickets with dinner. If effortless is the name of the game, this is the experience to choose. Explore Paris over a couple of days and really get under the skin of this wonderful city. Do the typical touristy things or live like a local.
Catch the Eurostar service from London St Pancras, Ebsfleet, or Ashford with a choice of two outbound and inbound services. You'll have plenty of time to explore Paris during your trip, and you'll stay for two nights in a 3* city hotel. Head to the Moulin Rouge and enjoy a three-course dinner for two prior to the show, complete with half a bottle of wine per person.
Vive la France - What You Need To Know
- WHEN: Trips take place year-round. You'll need to pre-book most trips in advance. Note that Valentine's Day is usually excluded in these experiences.
- WHERE: Most trips to Paris start and end in London, using the speedy Eurostar service to get there. If your Parisian experience does not include transport, Eurostar from London or from Ebbsfleet or Ashford in Kent is a great choice. Alternatively, budget airlines fly from various airports around the UK to the French capital.
- WHO: Francophiles and romantics will love Paris. It's the city of love and has tonnes to offer, from romantic walks and sightseeing to people watching in a bistro and legendary theatre shows. The food scene is constantly raved about. For an all-round short break, Paris is a great choice.
- OCCASIONS: While a Parisian experience would make a great birthday or Christmas present, this has wedding anniversary written all over it. A trip to such a romantic city is an ideal way to celebrate an anniversary.
- PRICES: Day trips typically start from £200 per person. Spend a couple of nights in the city from around £700 for two people. (correct at the time of writing)
- QUESTIONS: Need help? Ask questions here and I'll try to help as best I can
- TRIED THIS?: Would you recommend it? Share your thoughts here
Check the details of each experience carefully. Some are for one person while others are for two. Day trips often include transport and some meals but some do not. Short breaks generally include accommodation and transport but again, not all do, so it pays to read what is included to avoid surprises.
Love scenic canals? Try a short break to Amsterdam too. Explore the vibrant city's museums, shopping districts, legendary nightlife, and it's many pubs and restaurants.
(Photo credit to Walkerssk)
Shopping Ideas °
|Paris Day TripsEnlighten yourself with a day trip to Paris - the city of lights love and culture!||£199from Into The BlueLearn more|
|Luxury Paris Day Trip With Seine Cruise And Champagne Lunch At The Eiffel Tower For TwoExplore one of the most beautiful cities in the world with this Luxury Paris Day Trip with Seine Cru...||£490from Virgin Experience DaysLearn more|
|Two Night Classic Paris Culture Break For TwoDelve into the cultural delights of Paris with a friend or loved one with two incredible 3* nights i...||£729from Virgin Experience DaysLearn more|
|L-39 Albatros Flight In ParisTake to the skies with this world-class flying adventure - ideal for budding pilots and aviation fan...||£2,500from Red Letter DaysLearn more|
Prices are supplied by retailers, are regularly updated, and are displayed purely as a guide. Check current prices at each retailer, along with any applicable terms and conditions. Delivery costs, surcharges, and optional extras may also apply.
Check out the latest voucher codes for Experience Mad, and Pong Cheese.