Between a high pressure job, the kids, and daily life, finding five minutes peace a quiet can be hard work. That’s when a romantic meal for two can be a welcomed treat.
Book a babysitter and head off to a restaurant, pub or tavern and enjoy a delicious meal cooked by someone else. They’ll take care of the food, sourcing fresh ingredients and creating a mouthwatering menu. They’ll also take care of the washing up afterwards!
That leaves you plenty of time to enjoy the romantic dinner for two. Savour the taste of the food. Let time slow down as you chat about things you haven’t had the time to talk about in a while. Gaze into each other’s eyes.
Best of all, there's no washing up at the end!
Restaurants are available nationwide so there’s bound to be one near you offering a delicious bounty of food. Top restaurants are run by experienced and highly skilled chefs who will create something truly special for you. If you’d rather a more traditional meal then there are plenty of choices here too.
Looking for something a bit special? Try dining in a celebrity chef's restaurant instead.
For extra value look for experiences that include a glass each or bottle between you of Champagne or Prosecco. Some venues offer non-alcoholic alternatives too. Selected venues include a serving of coffee after the meal too.
A romantic dinner for two is an affordable yet indulgent treat that can easily be fit into an evening around family life. Give yourself the gift of an evening off and enjoy the scrumptious fruits of someone else’s labour.
Also available is a lunch for two experience which may be more convenient. Enjoy an equally delicious lunch meal at a variety of venues.
Food, Glorious Food! - What You Need To Know
- WHEN: Meals are available year-round. You will normally have to pre-book a table and that can be anywhere up to around six weeks ahead of the dinner, depending on the voucher purchased and the restaurant's policy.
- WHERE: There are restaurants nationwide. Many of the non-chain restaurants will be based in and around London.
- WHO: A meal for two is universally appreciated by all. You don't need to be a foodie to enjoy posh nosh, although, if you are, you'll certainly appreciate the more exquisite options.
- OCCASIONS: Meals for two are perfect birthday, Christmas, and anniversary gifts for couples. They're also handy for stressed-out tired parents who could really appreciate a night out away from the kids.
- PRICES: Meals start from around £30 for two. Michelin-quality food and private catering events can cost up to around £400, depending on the experience chosen. Bear in mind that many of the dining experiences include no or just one drink per person. Gratuities may not be included either. (correct at the time of writing)
- QUESTIONS: Need help? Ask questions here and I'll try to help as best I can
- TRIED THIS?: Would you recommend it? Share your thoughts here
Top dining options
With hundreds of lunch and dinner options to choose from, you really are spoilt for choice. I've worked through the list handpicking my favourites that I'd love to try out.
11 Course Tasting Menu with Wine for Two at Yamal Alsham, London
Who needs three courses when you can have 11? This great value experience gives you and a guest the opportunity to taste 11 dishes from Chelsea's Yamal Alsham restaurant which specialises in Middle Easter cuisine. A glass of wine each is also included.
1KG Tomahawk Steak Dinner with Cocktail for Two at Smith & Wollensky, London
Time for a proper hunk of meat? Bring your appetite to the chain that started life in New York City. Sip on a cocktail as you await the arrival of a mammoth steak weighing in at a kilogram (that's a smidge over 35 ounces)! Share the steak between you and enjoy three signature side dishes too.
Eight-Course Tasting Menu for Two at The Latymer, Pennyhill Park, Surrey
Enjoy a fancy meal at a a Michelin-starred restaurant that sits in 123 acres of scenic Surrey countryside. Chefs rely heavily on local ingredients and seasonal influences to create eight delicious dishes.
(Photo credit to Einladung_zum_Essen)
Shopping Ideas °
|11 Course Tasting Menu With Wine For Two At Yamal AlshamEnjoy a deliciously varied meal with a loved one at the Syrian and Lebanese culinary destination Yam...||£29from BuyagiftLearn more|
|Three Course Set Lunch For Two At Corrigan's MayfairCorrigan’s in Mayfair is the flagship restaurant of Michelin-starred Great British Menu winner Ric...||£59from BuyagiftLearn more|
|Three Course Champagne Celebration Dining With Sides For Two At Marco Pierre White's London Steakhouse CoEnjoy an unforgettable dining experience at one of Marco Pierre White's restaurants in London with t...||£91from Virgin Experience DaysLearn more|
|Exclusive Hampshire Helicopter Dining For TwoTreat someone you love to an Oakley Hall heli dining package!||£599from Into The BlueLearn more|
Prices are supplied by retailers, are regularly updated, and are displayed purely as a guide. Check current prices at each retailer, along with any applicable terms and conditions. Delivery costs, surcharges, and optional extras may also apply.