Get back to basics and discover the grass-roots of motorsport in this go-get-em go karting experience.
Whether you’ve got the need for speed, you’re a future F1 star or you’re just out for some laughs, you’ll have a bucket-load of fun in these mini road missiles.
Perfect for big kids (and little ones too), these compact machines are small but perfectly formed. Strap in and zip around a few practice laps, then face off against your mates in a thrilling series of race heats, semis and finals. You’ll put the ‘go’ in kart as you put the pedal to the metal, screech round the bends and push your kart to the limits in the final race to victory. Will you be crowned go karting champion?
This go karting experience comes in many different forms:
- Adult Go-Karting: Pit yourself against other like-minded racers and face off in a thrilling go karting challenge.
- Junior Go-Karting: A go karting experience especially for kids, which encourages children as young as 8 (age may vary across venues) to tune their driving skills in a fun and safe environment. Teenagers’ sessions are also available.
- Family Go-Karting: Put the “who’s the better driver?” argument to rest with this family go karting session, in which kids face off against Mum and Dad on the track. Usually exclusively for 2 adults and 2 kids.
These go karting experiences take place on both Indoor and Outdoor circuits at various locations throughout the country.
What to expect
Like fast? Love racing? Then go-karting has got your name on it. Follow in the footsteps of famous F1 stars, who first found their footing on the go kart track, and go gaga in this gripping go karting experience. It’s a fun, fast and furious day out in which you’ll learn how to commandeer your kart before lining up against your mates for a head-to-head race. Tap into your competitive streak and put your new-found skills to the test in these big toys with attitude. A real treat for petrol heads, thrill-seekers and everyone in-between, this is pure unadulterated fun that will leave you grinning for days afterwards.
The itinerary will vary depending on the exact experience booked and the venue. All sessions start with a welcome and an introductory briefing, giving everyone the chance to ask questions and get to grips with the day ahead. Then it’s into the track suits, helmets on and time to familiarise yourself in the go kart. After several untimed practice laps, most sessions will then move onto timed sessions with heats, semi-finals and finals. Most venues present a prize to the winner, or the driver with the fastest lap time, and/or a copy of the lap times.
This is a group session so expect to be placed into teams and to compete against other drivers.
Ready, Set, Go! - What You Need To Know
- WHEN: Events take place on selected dates. Outdoor karting is weather-dependant although it'll take more than a few drops of rain to stop play. Indoor karting obviously isn't affected by the Great British weather.
- WHERE: Karting tracks are dotted around the country.
- WHO: Anyone with a competitive spirit and a thirst for speed will love these karting experiences. Race against strangers or head to the track together as a group of mates or a family to find out who really is top dog. It's a hit with kids and grown-ups alike.
- OCCASIONS: Karting is a great option for birthdays or Christmas presents. It's a great choice for stag and hen parties, as well as for kids to blow off some steam during the school holidays.
- PRICES: A basic karting experience starts from around £35 a head. A Grand Prix event starts from around £50 per person. Longer experiences with more laps as part of the package weigh in a little bit more. (correct at the time of writing)
- QUESTIONS: Need help? Ask questions here and I'll try to help as best I can
- TRIED THIS?: Would you recommend it? Share your thoughts here
Options to get started
Not sure where to start? Try these experiences for size.
Enjoy half an hour in a go-kart in this experience that takes place at over 20 sites in the UK. The type of track depends on which location you book, but there's plenty of choice with this experience, making it a great gift option.
Wamnt to get the kids interested in motorsport at a young age? Let them loose on one of a dozen karting tracks dotted around the country in this experience. The nippers will be shown the ropes before being let loose on a purpose-built course.
Karting on Ice
So you think karting is a bit dull? How about racing on an ice rink? This is as daft as it gets and that makes it extra fun! Expect 20 minutes of slipping and sliding in this unique driving experience.
(Photo credit to Ajale)
Shopping Ideas °
|35% Off Indoor KartingKarting isn't just for kids - it's how many Grand Prix champions (including Formula 1 World Champion...||£26from Red Letter DaysLearn more|
|Outdoor Honda Karting NottinghamGo for a blast round the track when you go karting in Nottingham!||£39from Into The BlueLearn more|
|Karting For Two At West Country KartingPut the pedal to the metal and show off your competitive streak as you experience the thrill of kart...||£75from BuyagiftLearn more|
|Outdoor Grand Prix Karting For FourYou'll be behind the wheel of a RT8 390cc kart, which reaches speeds of up to 70 mph (and believe us...||£355from Red Letter DaysLearn more|
Prices are supplied by retailers, are regularly updated, and are displayed purely as a guide. Check current prices at each retailer, along with any applicable terms and conditions. Delivery costs, surcharges, and optional extras may also apply.
Check out the latest voucher codes for Experience Mad, and Pong Cheese.