Tee off and enjoy the chance to brush up your backswing and tailor your topspin in this fantastic golfing experience.
Join an eagle-eyed PGA pro for some expert tuition on fine-tuning all aspects of your game - chips, putts, taps, the whole shebang. This is serious stuff and as far from crazy golf as you can get (so leave the chequered trousers at home) but by the end of the session you’ll be happily dodging bogies and bagging birdies with the best of them! It’s a first-rate experience for golf enthusiasts everywhere which will really ‘putt’ you in the picture.
Get on the fairway to heaven in this top-notch golfing experience. You’ll gain expert tuition from the leading lads or ladies of the game who will work with you to tidy up your technique and iron out any kinks. You'll practise your putt and sharpen your swing with the help of a PGA instructor, and by the end of the session you’ll be tee'd up and raring to go. So get ready to grab your game by the golf balls and play like a pro. You’ll certainly make your fellow golfers green with envy. But be warned - it might just drive a wedge between you…
There are several ways to enjoy golfing.
- Indoor Golf and Analysis: With the help of a PGA professional and technology such as 2D video analysis and swing simulators, this experience aims to fine-tune your technique in an indoor environment. The participant will receive analysis for half of the lesson, followed by a practice session for the remaining part.
- Golf Lesson with a PGA Golf Pro: Enjoy a golf lesson with a PGA professional in which you’ll benefit from full tuition to perfect your performance, followed by an inclusive game of 18 holes.
For both activities, a certain level of experience is required. For Indoor Golf and Analysis there is no handicap rating and all abilities are welcome, provided the participant has some golfing experience (minimum age is 18). For the Golf Lesson with a PGA Golf Pro, no handicap certificate is required however participants must have a certain equivalent proficiency level (usually 28 for men and 36 for women).
The Indoor Golf experience is usually held within a private bay and features one-on-one tuition between the participant and the instructor (other golfers and customers will be present in the public areas).
For the Golf Lesson with a PGA Golf Pro, the participant will receive a golfing lesson either in a small group (maximum of four players) or a slightly shorter one-on-one lesson. There is normally a strict dress code.
Golfing Short Breaks
Sharpen your swing and tee off in style with one of these fabulous golf breaks. Spend the day on the course angling for eagles and braving the bunkers before heading back to your hotel for a luxurious overnight stay. Tuck into fine cuisine with your favourite person and enjoy a hearty breakfast the next morning. Golf, first-rate accommodation and dining in style: what could be better? It’s the perfect chance to practise your putt, tailor your topspin and churn out some chips in lavish surroundings… and score some serious brownie points with your guest while you’re at it.
Feast your eagle eyes on this little treat - a golf break for two at a swish location with plenty of little luxuries thrown in. Bring a golfing partner and your favourite chequered trousers as you chip, tap and putt your way around a professional course, all in a beautiful and soothing setting. After all when you’re playing in exquisite surroundings, that triple bogey doesn’t seem quite so bad. After your game, head back and relax over a local tipple in your hotel before sitting down to a delicious meal. As golf breaks go, this one’s the fairway to heaven.
Locations nationwide are available, and each break can offer something different. Some breaks include an evening meal and breakfast with the accommodation, while others may only provide breakfast. All breaks include a round of golf as part of the package.
There's even "his and hers" golfing and spa breaks which include a round of golf for one, and spa treatments for the other.
Fore! - What You Need To Know
- WHEN: Golfing days and breaks take place throughout the year.
- WHERE: There are golf courses covering this great land so there'll be something nearby. Scotland is well known for its leading golf courses.
- WHO: Anyone with an interest in golfing will appreciate either a round of golf or lessons from a PGA pro. Even novices will find value in quizzing a professional on refining their swings.
- OCCASIONS: Golfing gifts are perfect for Christmas presents, birthday presents, and Father's Day.
- PRICES: Lessons start from around £35 depending on the location and duration. Short breaks typically start from around £150 a night including a round of golf. (correct at the time of writing)
- QUESTIONS: Need help? Ask questions here and I'll try to help as best I can
- TRIED THIS?: Would you recommend it? Share your thoughts here
Top Golf Experiences
I've hopped on a golf buggy and scoured the assortment of golf-themed experiences available. Here are a few of my favourites.
30 minute Golf Lesson with a PGA Professional (Nationwide)
With 120 locations across the country and a 30-minute duration, this is a great entry level golfing experience. You'll get a one-to-one session with a PGA Professional who will tailor the session to your ability. Absolute beginners can learn the basics from a pro, while novices can brush up on their skills with professional hints and tips.
Golf Day with Lunch for One at Luton Hoo Hotel
Head to Luton for a full-on day of golfing know-how. Start with breakfast before enjoying a round of golf at the 18-hole Bedfordshire course. Afterwards, enjoy a two-course lunch at Adam's Brasserie.
His and Hers Golf and Spa Break for Two at Hallmark Hotel Gloucester
Head on a couple's break to the Cotswolds at stay in a standard double room at Gloucester's Hallmark Hotel. Gents enjoy a round of golf on the 18-hole course while ladies enjoy a 55-minute full body Swedish massage at the spa. A two-course dinner is also included, as is a full English breakfast the following morning.
Curiously, if you'd rather not have the round of golf, the experience allows substitution of this for a two-hour indoor dry slope skiing lesson. Bonkers! If you want to ditch the golfing, you'd be mad not to choose a couples spa break instead.